Monday, April 9, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake

For Easter my aunt made Oreo cheesecake. I usually am not a huge cheesecake fan but I really enjoyed the Oreo cheesecake. At the end of the day before I left her house I asked her for the recipe she used to make it. The ingredients consisted of:

  •  1 package of Oreos
  • 1/3 cup of butter or margarine
  • 3 packages of softened cream cheese
  • 3/4  cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 eggs 



The first step is to preheat the oven to 350°F. Then what you need to do is crush 28 cookies. Them chop the rest of the remaining cookies separately. Take the crushed cookies and mix them with the melted butter. Take a 9-inch springform pan and spread the cookie/butter mix on the bottom and sides. The next step is to beat the sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl until blended. While continuing to mix slowly add one egg in at a time until blended. Stir in chopped cookies and pour mix into the crust. The last step is to bake for 55 minutes to an hour. Remove and cool for about 4 hours in the refrigerator. Enjoy!


--DV

7 comments:

  1. This cheesecake does a great job joining my two favorite things in the world, oreo and cheesecake. I am on a diet, but will cheat one day to consume this. Thank you for the tips on how to make it. I will make it this friday night.

    -JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i just ordered a 11" Oreo Cheese cake from The cheese cake factory in Buffalo, sad to say that i ate half of it, but this is second to the best cheese cake every created next to non other than the THE RED VELVET CHEESE CAKE from the CCF.

    XC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious!! I love to bake, and I have been baking a lot of things that require oreos as the main ingredient. I recently made oreo peanut butter brownies and have been hooked on oreos ever since!! I will definitely be making this, it looks amazing!!

    - Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. I think the class should get to sample the result of the recipe and other recipes that have been posted as they look really good. I do hope to make this soon. -Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good and I don't usually like cheesecake.
    -Alexa Sugrue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making this for my boyfriend over the weekend! Thanks for the idea!
    -KO

    ReplyDelete