Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Olive Garden Special


Over the weekend I went to the olive garden with my family.  They were running a special where you can get a 3 course dinner for $13.  I started off with the chicken and gnocchi which is a creamy soup with roasted chicken, Italian dumplings and spinach.  Normally when I go to the olive garden, I get pasta e fagioli but I decided to go with something a little different.  The soup was very good and I was glad I decided to get it.  For my entrée I got the creamy parmesan portobello mushroom fettuccine.  It was a creamy parmesan sauce with roasted mushrooms, topped with garlic breadcrumbs, served over fettuccine.  Overall I was happy with the entrée, the sauce was very flavorful, but they put on too much mushrooms for my liking.  I would definitely get it again, but next time I would ask for fewer mushrooms.  Like every entrée at the olive garden, it filled me up pretty quickly but I saved room for the third course, the dessert.  For dessert I got the dark chocolate cake, which was covered in chocolate mousse and caramel cream, topped with chocolate curls.  This is a must have for anyone who loves dark chocolate and caramel.
I would definitely recommend going to the olive garden before this special ends.  A three course meal for $13 is a steal.  The prices are great, the food is good, and the service is quick and friendly.

--JD--

5 comments:

  1. I have not been to the Olive Garden in years. This is making me want to go back, it looks delicious and what makes it better is that its so affordable. Yummy! Definitely might have to get there this week. Great post and advertising for the Olive Garden, haha.

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good. I like the Olive Garden, but don't go there often. That sounds like a great special. Glad you enjoyed it.

    -Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really been a big fan of Olive Garden but this sounds like a great deal. I can't remember the last time I went there but this sounds like a deal that you can't pass up. It's similar to the specials at Friday's where you can get a three course meal for either $12.99 or $16.99 depending on what you get.
    -Adriana Sek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Olive Garden! I was unaware of this amazing deal! Now that I know I will call my grandmother tonight and ask her if she is interested in going for dinner. The gnocchi soup is deliecious, and I cannot wait to consume it later. THANK YOU for the tip!

    _JR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to the Olive Garden but this sounds like a pretty good deal.
    -Alexa Sugrue

    ReplyDelete