Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Doritos Locos Tacos at Taco Bell

This week has been a very hectic week for me.  From running around to award ceremonies for my brother and sister, to working late nights, it has been hard to have nice home-cooked meal this week.  The closest I could get was some leftover spaghetti and meatballs.  But this did give me the opportunity to try the new Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell.  I'm sure you have heard of it by now, or even seen the commercial, (if not I left the video below) but it is Taco Bells' new Taco wrapped in a Doritos hard shell.  I was eager to try it since I am a huge fan of Doritos (and Taco Bell).  At first bite it was very good but the shell itself didn't hold up at all.  I am used to the hard shells falling apart on me but this one was way too delicate.  Overall it was very messy and although it tasted pretty good, I wasn't too happy with it.  Maybe if they change the shell to be a little stronger I would give it another go.  I would still recommend giving it a try if you like Doritos, maybe you will get better luck than i did.
--JD--

4 comments:

  1. I honeslty feel this was the greatest idea taco bell has ever created. I really hope the don't get rid of it, unless they create a nacho bell grande w Doritos (I should copy right that idea) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a taco bell guy, but i'll admit, i went to taco bell three days in a row for this thing. It was a good mix of tastes. I hope it is a limited time special, stop me from going.

    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely an awesome taco. I waited a little bit to try it to let the hype die down a bit. I was definitely pleased with the taco and have been back a few times to get more. Doritos rule and tacos rule so this marriage is definitely a fitting one.

    -John T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Doritos, but Doritos and beef and more cheese and sour cream.... just seems like alot going on. I'll probably try it though....
    -Taby

    ReplyDelete